Season 00 Day010 Stream – Finishing Pedals and GodNode Components
Rigging Dojo Notes:
This week we are not doing much of a breakdown, there are many details and things that you simply have to watch through the video to understand and get the most from. We will pick out a few things that we want to explain or highlight. Enjoy!
- Part one is hooking up the pedals to use the “gravity” effect, where they stay world aligned. This was a quick adding of another composeMatrix node for an offset and mixed it into a the exiting matrix multiplication in an order to allow offset the pedal.
- a quick note on using unitConversion nodes to – a value of an input, while you don’t want to have unitConverts all over the place, using them this way has been a favorite use of ours.
- Hook up the animation attribute once more to get back to the same feature as before all the re-structuring the rig.
work off world tip- use the offset of the rig in the world as a “testing” process to help catch problems in the rig before it gets to far along
- Drive the whole rig but doesn’t have to be in world space
- top_top_world_ node, hidden, used by only shot final, this is the world space of your rig, the GodNode would be under it
- Building a non-cyclic constraint
Connecting the God Node component in to the rig
there is a good few bits of trouble caused by the node editor not being set to sync… jump to here to see the hook up of the offset nodes
Maya name space : “underworld” and all the connective nodes between SRT nodes get assigned that name space.
On to the next video!
Scene used to display the functions is available at:
Maya 2016 and up.
Follow me on twitter for announcements and news
Check out the calendar for up-to-date information and times
Follow the Streams live on Twitch
And keep up to date with news on the website